Front Teeth, Wreaths, and Sharks

With Christmas quickly approaching next week, I find it very fitting to talk about what I want...

My two front teeth... 

No, I have those! What I want is to share with you a list of things I plan to do for my Christmas 2015. That's right, next year. This year, things have been quite messy, so I am planning on making next year fantastic! Not only am I sharing that list, but I'm filling you in on what I like to do on my favorite holiday of the year!

Christmas morning as a child, I remember my brothers and I would have to sit on the staircase while mom took a spray bottle to our bedheads and dad got the video camera ready for our excited little faces. I would open up present after present of Barbie Dolls, baby dolls, and other toys from dear old Santy Clause. 

One of my favorite things to do as a kid was to pile into the car and drive around looking at the Christmas lights on all the houses. I like doing that with a giant hot chocolate and the Christmas music blaring in my ears! You know that's on my list for next year for sure!

As an adult, I send a short list to my mom via text message of about 5 or 6 different stores that I wouldn't mind having a gift card to. At my age now it's about clothing. How many outfits can I make out of however much I'm getting in gift cards?  

While the times change for me and I watch my twenties fly by, I see how I spend my Christmas' compared to some of my family and friends. All of their traditions posted in pictures. Their trees, snow, outside decorations, elves on the shelves, and children. I love it.

I am happy with certain little traditions I have for myself. Like how I refuse to listen to even one Christmas song before Thanksgiving. Sorry y'all, we have to appreciate each holiday as it comes. Quit rushing them! I started this tradition back in high school when I would go to my best friend's house for dessert with her and her family every year.  When I would leave her house to go home, I would pop in my Christmas CD and blast it and sing along to every classic carol I knew! I miss seeing my best friend and her family every year but I still turn on Christmas music after dessert on turkey day.

Whether it's the day after Thanksgiving, or the first day of December, I like to put up my Christmas tree with a big glass of wine and listen to Christmas music. Then afterwards curl up with a bowl of popcorn and a Christmas movie. I love Christmas movies. Even the cheesy, Hallmark ones. Next year I want to pick out 24 Christmas movies and watch one each night before the big day!

Being a grown up can have it's fun times. Sure we have to work every day to pay bills, but we get to decorate! I love decorating! I am so excited for dressing up my new apartment! I have been pinning all sorts of crafty ideas on Pinterest (the easy ones of course). I plan on making wreaths and ornaments. I'm not the most crafty person in the world, but I'm not afraid to try it on the cheap!

(Last years Christmas tree decorating step by step)


So here is what I really want to do for Christmas next year, in no particular order, perhaps by state instead...

New York
I already mentioned that I want to visit NYC at Christmas time in my 30 Things to Do Before I'm 30 list but while in NYC there are a few things I am dying to do. 

Visit Rockefeller Center for ice skating and the giant Christmas tree
See the Radio City Rockettes perform
Witness a professional dance company perform The Nutcracker.
Take a walk through Central Park with hot chocolate in hand

Tennessee
In middle Tennessee there's a couple things to do once Christmas comes around and I am excited to experience it. Though I've seen the ICE display the last two years, it changes to a different theme every year. Shrek, Charlie Brown Christmas, and this year 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. If you haven't been, Google it. It's amazing! 

Opryland's A Country Christmas
ICE
Jellystone Park for the dancing lights

Georgia
Also on my 30 Things to Do Before I'm 30 list, was to visit the Chattanooga Aquarium. Well, I visited there in September and I have been seeing a ton of advertisements for the Georgia Aquarium. At Christmas time they have it all done up for the holiday apparently. I've been told it is a lot better than the Chattanooga one. Adding that one to my Christmas 2015 list as well!

Here is every Christmassy type thing that I could think of that I am determined to achieve next year for the holiday.  I WILL make it happen! So it wasn't all really in list form, but you got the idea, right? 


With all of this being said, I truly want to wish you and your families the most wonderful Christmas and New Year ever! I hope you receive everything you ask for and give back that much more. God bless you, every one of you! 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trip to End All Trips

Quote of My Day

Take a Ride with Me