New Year... New Start

The majority of you twenty something's will end up making your New Years resolution something along the lines of losing weight and dieting better. Maybe you'll try to quit smoking...again! Perhaps you will try to drink less. Lets face it, you'll work out for a month at most and give up because it's a lot of work. The fried foods call your name loudly. Hey it does my name too, that's why I don't work out...ever! If you're going to quit smoking, just do it already. Enough with the electronic cigarette bullshit! Man up and cold turkey it! Just quit. It's gross!! As for drinking? Well let me put it this way... After the New Year, it's February, which means Valentine's Day. As a single woman, I will be home with a glass of wine! Did I say glass? I meant a bottle....or two! Ah hell, let's face it. I'm not quitting on the drinking any time soon!

2015 for me is going to be a major change in my lifestyle!Allow me to begin with this year. If you've been following along with all of my posts, then you know how difficult of a year 2014 has been for me. With the failing of a relationship, the 3 different jobs, my mother's health at risk, and the worst, the loss of my oldest brother, you have to realize how much I have faced. Though I have been home 2 or 3 times in the span of all of these events, I have coped with it all on my own. I had family while back in Ohio, and I have friends here in Tennessee, but I didn't really show a lot of emotion in front of them. Dealing with it all on my own has turned out to be a good thing.

Recently I realized that, especially with the loss of Jeremy, I am changing as a person. I miss my brother every single day. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him, our little Buddha joke, and how much I love him. However, I came to see that I so very unfortunately needed to go through all of this. I was living in a world where I wasn't really living. I was just existing. Here I was, preaching to people to live life to the fullest, when I myself was just going through the motions of it.

Just in the last month alone, I have begun to get out more, meet new people, take more chances, make plans for my future again, and started the push to advance in my career. I've taken a more serious approach to my writing, which I know still isn't the best, but I try, and it's my best outlet! So my resolution for the New Year, is to live. Really get out of my comfort zone, and live! I have my list of things I plan to do, buy, and see. I even posted recently about how I plan to finish out my 2015! My Christmas time that is. I'm just planning all kinds of random things! It is making things more exciting I think!

I plan to learn more about where I live. I love where I live! I plan to get promoted at work very soon! I have already paid for my flight and trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, in May. I want to travel a lot! Random little road trips. My weekends will always be free now because my work will no longer be open on Saturdays after the New Year. (YAYYY!!!)

Life has been good to me for the most part. Yes, this year sucked a lot. From what I hear though, when you have such a terrible year, with loss and so much heartache, it means the following year will be that much better! I'm not going to even let a negative thought cross my mind that it won't be the best year I've lived yet! I will make it happen!

How're you going to make your new year better? How will you change things from bad to good or just make them better?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trip to End All Trips

Quote of My Day

Take a Ride with Me