{Twenty-Everything}

Since starting my blog back in May of this year, I have begun to follow a few fellow twenty something bloggers. There is one specifically that caught my attention because of the way she writes and the topics she chooses to speak upon. This young woman is a twenty something in the midst of her own struggle of an adventure to thirty like myself. Being one year younger than me, I can relate completely to her blog, Twenty Everything.

After reading one of her posts that hit me close to home, I reached out to her to give her my positive feedback. Next I asked her if she would mind me featuring her blog via my blog. Gladly and gratefully, she agreed! I put together an e-mail of random questions to ask her. Some meaningful, some just for no reason at all! In doing this, I learned that my fellow blogger, Sarah, was more like me than I even realized!


Without further ado...


Q: Why did you start blogging and what prompted that decision?
A: "I have always loved writing! It's a calling of mine, and has always happened very naturally for me through journaling and taking classes. It was always in the back of my mind that I, someday, wanted to be writing the types of articles I was always reading on my favorite blogging websites. I wanted to use my personal voice, and was wondering if anyone would be able to relate to me. Regarding the decision as to when...I went through a particularly dark and difficult period in my life, and I started my blog as an outlet. It was a way for me to creatively express myself: my hopes, dreams, and fears. I believe writing is incredibly therapeutic, and blogging has definitely helped me to gain self-awareness. It's also totally fun!"

Q: What one thing are you most proud of in your life?
A: "I wouldn't say I have one thing or accomplishment I am most proud of in my life. What I am most proud of is on the inside. Where I am at today, and who I am, is someone I am proud of. This wasn't true for me a couple of years ago, and I have made immense effort to change that. It is incredibly fulfilling to see it happening before my eyes, and all of my work paying off."

Q: What is your favorite way to work up a sweat?
A: "Running! I also really enjoy yoga."
 
Q: What is your next fitness related goal?
A: "I recently tried swing trapeze for the first time, and a girl that was in my group was a pole fitness aficionado. She told me all about the fitness classes, and how they can be great for boosting confidence and promoting female empowerment. That is now officially on my fitness bucket list!"
 
Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
A: "That is a GREAT question! Really makes me think. In 5 years I would like to see myself as: a little more world-traveled, significantly closer to having my dream job, completely out of debt, giving back to a cause I believe in, and living life fearlessly."
 
Q: What's your favorite way to spend a day (should you find yourself with absolutely no plans or obligations)?
A: "Yoga at my favorite rooftop studio, brunch near/on the beach, and then seeing where the day takes me! My schedule is so regimented most of the time that, during my days off, I like to be spontaneous. I mentioned earlier that I tried swing trapeze for the first time, and that was how I spent my last day off. It was AMAZING!"
Q: What is your favorite meal?
 A: "Brunch. Always brunch."
 
Q: If I could visit one place in your hometown (or where you currently live), where would that be and why?
A: "I currently live in San Diego, CA and I am originally from the San Francisco Bay Area (shout out to all my East Bay peeps!). In San Diego there is no shortage of beautiful places to visit, but of all of them I would recommend Balboa Park. There are various museums and restaurants, as well as the Zoo, and a gorgeous rose garden to explore. You could get lost for a week and not get bored there."
Q: If you could have lunch with any celebrity, who would it be and why?
A: "Wow, that is a really tough one! Am I allowed to choose one that has already passed away? Well, I am going to anyway! Audrey Hepburn. I have read a few biographies about her, and her life fascinates me. I especially admire how much service work she did in her lifetime; she was truly beautiful inside and out."
 
Q: What's the first website you visit when you turn on your computer (or phone)?... Other than your own blog.
A: "Pinterest. I am shamelessly addicted. A close second is BuzzFeed, always good for a laugh! I'm sorry those aren't more sophisticated answers!"
Q: If I was to look in your purse what would I find?
A: "NYC 16hr lip stain in Champagne Stain, Orbit Sweet Mint gum (it's my signature flavor), a pocket planner, sheer lip gloss and a lip balm."
 
Q: What's your best relationship advice?
A: "When it comes to dating: go with your gut. If you feel a 'ping' from deep inside, listen to it. Your intuition is rarely wrong. Date a lot. You have to figure out what you do and do not want in a partner, and practice makes perfect. When it comes to relationships: communicate. Men can't read minds, so become comfortable with talking about your feelings and expressing your needs directly. Always remember that a relationship does not define you, so hold out for a great one. You don't ever need to settle or feel pressured, the right one for you is out there. Be patient."
Q: Do you have any tips for blogging? My blog or any other twenty something's that may want to start writing?
A: "Edit, edit, edit. Make sure your spelling and grammar are on point, and also double check that your sentences flow well. I also think it's important to be concise and to keep your paragraphs short-this helps keep the reader's attention. Also, you want to write consistently (I recommend at least once or twice a week). That way your readers have something to look forward to!"

I was happy to learn all of this about her, we really are a lot alike! A fun little fact...while reading a post of hers in regards to the many jobs she works, I came to find out that though this world may be gigantic, it is small! I learned that she works with a very dear friend of mine out in San Diego. We both were in shock and very excited to find we had a mutual friend in her.

Thank you, Sarah, for letting me into your world a little bit and being an inspiration to my writing! You do a fantastic job drawing in your readers (at least me) and I look forward to receiving e-mails in regards to new posts of yours. I look forward to growing our bloggership (that's right, new word)!
 

If you enjoyed reading about Sarah, you should definitely check out her blog;
Catch up on all her posts and subscribe to receive e-mail notifications... I doubt you'd be disappointed in doing so. 







 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trip to End All Trips

Quote of My Day

Take a Ride with Me