"I Don't Wanna Wait For Our Lives To Be Over.."

Let's be honest here... I live my life by quotes. I found when I was a teenager that some of my favorite quotes have come from Dawson's Creek. If you're a 20 something, like me, you watched this show and sang along to that theme song, that if you heard now, you'd sing to it, but it's one of those, "I don't like the song, but I know all the words so I'm going to sing along to it." types of songs. I mean come on those were supposed to be teenagers and they had a better vocabulary than I do even now at 27! Anyway, I feel like my life and relationship can be summed up in some of these quotes. Sad but oh so true! So here are some of them that I absolutely love. I'm going to give a slight explanation afterward too of how it relates to a 20 something life!

Ok! Enjoy!! 



"The only decision left is the one I have to make with myself. Stop running, once and for all. I know who I'm supposed to be with. I've always known."
So this was me as a teen and early 20 something. I had some fears of things. Ok, lots of fears of things. I finally, somewhere along the line decided to grow up, take risks. 

"Whatever it takes... we'll fix it. Everything is gonna be okay."
If you're like me, you want to fix everything. You want to make it right. No matter if it's with a friend a family member, or your partner! I have this feeling currently. Chin up right? RIGHT! 

"If you and I aren't meant to be, then I don't know anything."
Again, current feelings. 

"So how do you date one guy when you're still in love with another?"
The thought of people shoving the whole "There's plenty of fish in the sea" cliche down my throat right now only makes me come back to this, really. I mean I have no interest in other men. 

"If you felt one shred of what I feel for you, we wouldn't be having this conversation."
Sometimes you just have to have that conversation. The truth sets you free. It really does. The truth my hurt, but I'd rather hurt now than 5 years from now! 

"And... I want to figure out where we are. What's going on between us."
I actually see this quote as something you probably won't. I don't see this as a relationship quote. Since I've moved away from all of my friends in Ohio, I look at this as a catch up with friends. I think of this when I go too long without talking to some of my closest girlfriends.

"a lot of people walk in and out of your life, but you're one of the only people i ever really wanted to stick around."
To those who have "stuck around", Y'all mean the world to me. I've had so many people I've called friends in my 20's. I've come to find now, in my late 20's, that the one's who have gone were for reasons I didn't understand, but it's made me a better person. Realize that it's ok to purge the toxic people from your life. Learn it as early as possible. You will have a much healthier, happy life if you do!

"To my parents. Who taught me that love doesn't conquer all. That love ends. And then it begins again."
Sorry Momma! My parents have been married for 33 years. I've been very fortunate to learn many things from their marriage. Good and bad. I won't detail it, but this quote does hold some truth. Love doesn't always conquer all. Sometimes, love does end. When one door closes another one really does open!

"I'll be sleeping eighty feet away from you, and it'll feel like a thousand miles. I'll regret my decision constantly, I'll kick myself to no end."
My relationship in a nutshell. BOOM!

"Letting go isn't a one-time thing, it's something you have to do everyday, over and over again."
This pertains to a relationship. Obvi. However, this for me is about any and everything in life!

"We talk like we know what's going on, but we don't. We don't know anything. We're young and we're gonna screw-up a lot. We're gonna keep changing our minds and even sometimes our hearts. And through all that, the only real thing we can offer each other is forgiveness."
TRUTH!!! All of it! Learn to forgive and then moving forward in your life is so much easier! 

"Every one of these girls is incredibly insecure. I can't even speak my mind anymore without stomping on somebody's feelings."
Girls today. Point made!

"You know, let's just forget about everything. All I want to do for the rest of this godforsaken night is just stare at your face in the moonlight because that's the only thing that matters to me."
Love can move you to feel that verbal communication isn't needed. Sometimes, it's not!

"I'm leaving because you didn't ask me to stay."
I'm leaving because he won't ask me to stay! Nothing will break your heart more. Sometimes we have to finally stop following our hearts and follow our heads!

"Don't you get it? You're my soul mate."
If you're lucky enough, like me, you will meet that person someday. Not everyone in this world has that privilege. Don't you dare take advantage of it. Don't lie to someone just to say it. 

"I'm going to give you that space you need. Just space. But that isn't going to change my feelings about you. Nothing will ever change that."
Space. A break. Let me be honest with you. It delays the inevitable! Rip the band-aid off, forgive, and move forward! It hurts like hell. I know!

"You know how you told me my heart would get broken a thousand times in my life? Well there goes heartbreak number one."
Your parents probably told you so many times as a young teen or even still that you would break a thousand hearts and have your broken too. Well this isn't number one for me. It doesn't hurt less as you get older either. 

"I need to find out if I'm capable of being a whole person without you."
You will never fully be able to love and be happy with another human being unless you fully love and are happy with yourself! Learn who you are, what you love, and be proud of it!

"If people are truly, madly, deeply in love with each other, they will find a way."
I'm a hopeless romantic. Always have been. I will always hope for things to be figured out and work perfectly like I want! 

"Did it ever occur to you that you're so caught up in trying to make the right choice that you've never stopped to consider the possibility that there may not be a right choice, or a wrong choice, just a bunch of choices?"
This will happen in your life. It cannot be avoided. 

"I'm gonna kill you. One night in your sleep, a slit throat maybe, or a screwdriver to your temple. Be ready."
Ok, seriously though, I mean we all think this way right? Obviously never meaning harm to a soul. This just cracks me up!


I had to throw in that last one just for shits and giggles. The others were too serious not to! I personally think that you will never make it in life without a sense of humor. So lighten up! Breathe! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trip to End All Trips

Quote of My Day

Take a Ride with Me