Music for the Soul

Music, in my opinion is one of the best forms of therapy. I find it amazing how from one song to another, your mood can transform. You can hear a sad song that brings tears to your eyes, an upbeat song that makes you want to dance, an angry song that makes you feel strong. I have so much music I listen to! I like to say I'm very open minded when it comes to music. As a dancer, I was introduced to many artists that never made it into the main stream. Some I have followed since my younger days. I do quite enjoy some 60's, 70's, 80's, definitely 90's and of course stuff from today. It's cool to be able to hear how much it has all changed over the decades! I love to listen to country music mostly. Maybe being in the south helps, but I liked it even when I lived in the north. I like listening to 90's music, it puts me in this state of mind like I'm still a kid. It can take me back to junior high or a certain memory in my life. It's beautiful how music can do that! Pop music is probably what I listen to most next. It's what I grew up with a lot in the 90's, it's kind of just stuck with me!

Some of my faves?

The Veronicas - My angry girl music
Elvis Presley - His voice! UGH!
Eli Young Band - I love their sound
Rascal Flatts - Every song is a favorite
Demi Lovato - This girl doesn't hold back
Dolly Parton - Classic, timeless, fantastic
Christina Aguilera - Most amazing voice I've ever heard
The Civil Wars - Amazing harmonies
Christina Perri - My breakup music
Jason Mraz  - Light, fun, can't help but sing along
Taylor Swift - Her lyrics...
The Cab - Their lyrics...
Eminem - My inner rap God comes out

None of these artists sing my favorite song of all time! I have probably been in love with this song since the 8th grade! Dreaming, by Selena. It is just that one song that I can listen to over and over and it doesn't get old to me! I will admit the first time I ever heard the song was in the movie Selena, about the life of the Latin singer who was murdered. When in 8th grade I traveled to Canada with my school and ended up very sick. A friend of mine at the time had the soundtrack to the movie and let me listen to it. It was like magic that while I listened to that song is when I started to feel better. I laid my head in my friends lap, she played with my hair, and I fell asleep to the song. Ever since then, Dreaming, is my top favorite. Something about the song, makes me feel better about things in my life, no matter what's going on and it brings a smile to my face every time I hear it!

I could go through naming tons of songs, who sings it, and why the song means so much to me and what point in my life specifically that it reminds me of. I won't make you suffer through that. However, if you have any favorites feel free to e-mail them my way at Shineat29@gmail.com. I would love to know what gets you through the good, the bad, and the in between moments in your life! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trip to End All Trips

Quote of My Day

Take a Ride with Me