40 Things to do Before I'm 40

When I started my blog just a couple years ago, I wrote up a list of things to do/complete before I turned 30 years old. While some of the things I added to my list were easy enough and others unattainable at the time being, I was only just a short 3 years from turning 30, not giving me much time to really fulfill all of my goals. Besides, writing up the list was probably done quicker than I should have allowed. Now that I'm 30 and I've updated you on how much of that list I have completed and I have really taken a look at what I haven't done, I am giving you my list of 40 things to do before I reach the age of 40.

You can call this a bucket list, you can call it long or short term goals. Whatever you call it, I just want to put it out there that I am making plans to reach all of these as best as I can! 10 Years to get to it... Here we go...


1) Read 1 book a month or as much as possible
2) Visit 40 US states (28/30)
3) Go horseback riding
4) Continue writing this blog, or in general
5) Go ziplining
6) Visit Europe
7) Visit one city or state a year that I've never been to
8) Get my first mammogram (Hey it's real life, gotta stay healthy)
9) Take a trip on a train
10) Go camping in Montana (I really want to and don't know why)
11) Enroll for my bachelors degree or not at all
12) Write and self publish a book
13) Get a new car (Deb the Dodge is getting old)
14) Wear a wedding gown for the purpose other than modeling one
15) Go back to church
16) Figure out how to coupon better
17) Visit a dude ranch
18) Sky dive
19) See Mount Rushmore
20) Try Indian food
21) Live in another state again
22) Get a second dog
23) Build/remodel something on my own
24) Find something new that makes me truly happy
25) Learn a new language (I know a little French. Perhaps Rosetta Stone some Spanish)
26) Learn to play tennis
27) Vote
28) Volunteer
29) Attend a sorority alumni event
30) Chase a tornado! (Yes, I really mean it!)
31) Learn to drive stick shift
32) Take ballroom lessons... again
33) Make a monthly budget and stick to it
34) Find a way to empower young girls/women in their self image
35) Be more organized (says the OCD girl) in how I file papers and bills
36) Take a kickboxing class
37) Buy a bike and take more bike escapes
38) Start a family
39) Face my fear of fish and snorkel (shut up, so what if I'm afraid of fish?)
40) Be kinder...to myself, my family, my friends, and to strangers!

Wish me luck y'all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trip to End All Trips

Quote of My Day

Take a Ride with Me