30 and Killin' It

I may not have been able to cross off everything on my 30 before 30 list, but I did a lot more than I thought I would and this has only motivated me to do a 40 before 40 list! I may carry things over from this list, who knows. The list is in the making for now and you know I will share it with you as soon as I finish it! 

Allow me to explain how in 2 years I worked on 30 things to do before I turned 30!...

1) Read one book every month for a year  (10/12)
The Crossfire Series (5 books), Grey, To All The Boys I Loved Before, P.S I Still Love you, Sara Bareilles-Sounds Like Me, Dirty Rush
I hate reading, but in the last year I have truly enjoyed meeting all of these characters and falling into their world to escape my own. I will continue to push myself to read books that interest me. In fact I have about 5 or 6 that I purchased recently just waiting to be read!

2) Payoff Chase credit card
I am fortunate enough to say that I did this before 30.

3) Take a kickboxing class

4) Learn to knit/sew

5) Get promoted 2 times at work (1/2)
A new job that came with a position one step ahead of where I already was.

6) Visit 30 states (currently at 28/30)
Although I am so sad to say I didn't see the final 2 before 30, I will definitely be carrying this over and making it a point to go one place every year that I have never been before. I had them mapped out, but life got in the way.

7) Open a savings account
How about 3?

8) Go to 3 concerts (currently at 3/3)  Go to 6 Concerts (3/6)
Last summer it was Luke Bryan, Kenny Chesney, and Zach Brown Band.
This year it was Zach Brown Band, Selena Gomez, and Dierks Bentley.

9) Use my passport (not for Canada)
So lucky to say I went to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. That was only a taste of what I want to experience! I can't wait for my next international trip! It'll be soon. I promise!

10) Participate in 5  5ks  (1/5)
I sort of suck at exercise!

11) Get a dog
If you haven't read all about my dog, Dolly Parton, you haven't been paying attention! She's my fur baby, my 4 legged child. She makes me so happy!

12) Have a romantic weekend getaway

13) Donate blood 5 times 

14) Decide officially if I want to go back to school for a bachelors degree
I do, but not right now.

15) Visit the Chattanooga aquarium

16) Learn to play one whole song on the guitar

17) Go horseback riding 

18) Exercise more (aka walk ha)
Last summer I biked so much! I fell in love with biking. Having taken on teaching at the dance studio I have no time to bike after work anymore so I use my dancing as exercise!

19) Go on vacation with a friend
Mexico, Las Vegas, and Florida twice. Wonderful memories made!

20) Coupon more
I've tried, I just don't have the patience to find the deals.

21) Pay it forward

22) Quit drinking soda
I'm not a fan of soda anymore. I'll have a Mountain Dew if I'm desperate to wake up!

23) Get another ear piercing    And another ear piercing   Ok, Maybe one more!
It really can be addicting! I have gotten 2 since first posting this list. I do want one more, but for some reason am hesitant since my ear count is up to 9 now.

24) Find my perfect shade of lipstick  (Red)
I love me some lipstick these days, but I have to say that wearing red makes me feel so good!

25) Have 30 blog posts (at minimum) 
I have to say how truly proud of myself I am. I've never claimed to be a great writer, just that I like to do it. I read once that you should write everything about how you feel and to describe it with passion. I'd like to think that I've done that and maybe taken some of you on a small journey with me over the last couple years. It's motivating to have you follow me. Please continue to encourage me! 

26) Visit NYC at Christmas time
Although I did this alone last year, it was still money well spent. One of the best times I've had alone! What I did and the places I saw made my heart soar when it was in a million pieces, shattered, after losing my mom just a month before.

27) Rent a cabin in the smokies

28) Go zip lining

29) Perform something for a crowd  (Sang Karaoke at a local bar)
Karaoke used to be my thing with one of my closest friends. Due to it being on Sundays I never go anymore, but it was good to do it once more. Music is my therapy. 

30) Fall completely in love with myself!
This is a process. I can't strike through that one yet because even though I have come a very long way in the last year to stand up for myself more and to love who I am and how I look, I will never be complete and whole in loving who I am. I will always be growing and with that growth comes more to love. I can honestly say I am a happy and healthy 30 year old who is content in where she's been and currently is in her life. It's taken so much, but it's been more than worth it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trip to End All Trips

Quote of My Day

Take a Ride with Me