Goodness Gracious Great Balls of Gratefulness

With Thanksgiving approaching, it's very cliché for people to rattle off the top things that they're grateful for. I however, try to steer clear of that bandwagon. I would prefer to be thankful for what I have on a daily basis. Which leads me to the way I felt while driving to work Thursday morning. Living in middle Tennessee gives me a great chance to breathe in the beauty that is the south, with the mountains surrounding the bowl of the greater Nashville area. After seeing all the pictures and Facebook posts of friends and family up north in the snow, I really appreciated the sunshine in my eyes during my early commute.

Weaving between cars, with my heat on high, I caught myself smiling at the last colors of fall coming and going. I really noticed the green, burgundy, bright and deep oranges, and browns that were more than likely the last we'll see of the year! It makes me laugh to think about the fact that I smiled at such a beauty, but I felt as if with all the ugly I experienced this year, God was showing me one true beauty that may fade, but always returns.

In the midst of all the sunshine and fall colors, I found myself being happy that I had a good job, that I enjoy doing, even on it's most stressful, bring me to the brink of tears, call my mom to vent, kind of days. There's too many people in the world who aren't so fortunate to have a good job. At one point or another, I have seen those unfortunate lows, making today an all time high for me having the one I do!

Once I got to work, early not to mention, I received a snapchat from the youngest of my older brothers showing me that he was shaving my mom's head because she was already starting to lose her hair from her chemo treatments. He first gave her a mohawk, titling the picture "Momhawk", which made me laugh really hard. Laughter is the best way to start a day! Even though mine represented something sad in my life, I was just beyond the moon with happiness to see such a huge smile on my mom's face. I could tell she was cracking up too!

My day at work was pretty busy, again leaving me thankful that I had a job to wake up and go to in the first place. After work, I met up with a newer friend for dinner and I felt lucky to just be able to enjoy their company for an evening. For all this I am thankful. For that day I am thankful. For every day... I am thankful. 




The entire day made me want to smile and be kind to others. It amuses me to know how large of a difference you can make in your own day by deciding to be thankful and happy. Your whole outlook on life can change. 




^^^^TRUTH^^^^

I find it extremely important to be appreciative for all that we have all the time... Not just around Thanksgiving. Even though I am posting this around the holiday, it does not mean this is the only time I have felt grateful. I may not always voice the things that I'm thankful for from the bottom of my heart, but just a little reminder to you all out there, I have been blessed with a life more outstanding than you know. I say all my thank you's in my prayers at church every week!



With the holiday approaching in just over a week, I would like to wish you all a very safe and wonderful Thanksgiving. May you remember not just on that day, but for every day you're blessed with, just how truly thankful you are for all that you have in your life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trip to End All Trips

Quote of My Day

Take a Ride with Me