Friends Come and Go

I have come to learn throughout my 20's, especially as a female, that friends will come and go. It's not like in high school when "The Sexy 6" and I would hang out every weekend and those were my girls! BFF's right? A few of us grew up and apart. Such is life. A couple, I was in their weddings. However, throughout the last 8 years, I have met, become friends with, and cut ties with many, many new people. It's the ones that you let into your life, the ones you call your best friends, the ones you tell everything to, the ones you fight with like a sister, that you have trouble letting go of. 

I never thought that a handful of these ladies, wouldn't be standing by my side today! I have this friend, she and I have been close for over 5 years now. We used to do everything together. She was like a sister to me. Mostly because we fought like sisters because we were so similar in personality. We have gone quite some time on two or three different occasions now that we didn't speak at all. Months. Even years. We seem to find our way back to one another when the time calls for it. I tell her every time that our friendship is like a rubberband. That we will always have our differences, but we always snap back to the friends we were. We know who each other is, and we know when we need one another. I know this girl wouldn't harm a fly and that she would give someone the shirt off her back (figuratively). That's why, a few weeks ago, when my oldest brother passed away, she not only gave me her hand to hold, but her shoulder to cry on. And I did. She knows who she is and I just want her to know that I love and respect her and always will! She's my friend forever and always!

On the other end of the spectrum, I never thought that the tragedy of losing my brother would teach me who my true friends are! The people I thought cared about me, don't at all. It's heartbreaking on top of losing a family member, I have to feel like I lost more than that! I am not angry though. To me there is no point in getting angry. I love and respect these people regardless. I hope the best for them in their lives. Unfortunately, I feel like there is no reason to hold on to the negativity in my life anymore. So I must move on and let go! 

In doing this, I find myself feeling stronger. Knowing who I am able to lean on. The ones I can call and say, "Today isn't a good day, I need a pick-me-up!" and they don't hesitate to be there for me! 

I won't say it doesn't suck that friendships end. It does suck! Big time! It's when you know yourself so well that you know it's time to say goodbye to the people who are hurting you to make yourself a stronger person and to better your life! 

Pay attention to the ones in your life, be there for them when they need you, because you never know when you may really need them back! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trip to End All Trips

Quote of My Day

Take a Ride with Me