Ready for Takeoff

Traveling. I love it. I enjoy experiencing new places. Learning my way around a big city. There's something exhilarating about traveling alone especially. I feel accomplished. Like I bought this ticket. Although, this time, I was gifted the ticket. I always find myself people watching. What're they wearing? Their luggage. Where are they from (of course it's always a guess)? Where are they headed (again, the guessin game)?

Like right now I'm sitting at a bar having a brew and some munchies. There's a couple next to me. I have no idea if they are married, coworkers, just met, or long lost buds! They're chattering away is all I know. It's kind of a wonderful thing to see/hear. Especially if they just met because the conversation sounds deep and who knows, maybe they've found a soul mate or an incredible friendship! Either way, the interaction is intriguing. I wish I knew more! 

The woman on the other side of me. She lost her luggage. Traveling from New York City to here in Nashville to Florida. She was making frantic phone calls when I first say down trying to track her precious cargo. Downing her glasses of wine with each number she has to key into her iPhone. I've been there. Tracking your luggage. So not fun! Wondering if you'll have to go shopping just to have clothes to wear. Then again that's fun for me, I like shopping remember? The older lady with the combat looking backpack and a novel by Kat Martin titled The Summit, has since calmed down and started conversing with the gentleman next to her. I can't even hear their conversation though. 

Then there's the good looking guy across the bar. He is younger looking. Definitely a businessman with his business attire. No ring (yea that's important at this age ladies and gents). Nice watch though. The eye contact gets made. It's just a fun interaction. Harmless... Unless he's on my flight. YIKES! 

A packed flight. Always fun... Just kidding! People that look so annoyed to be traveling at all amuse me. Y'all mean to tell me you don't like watching all the other people in this airport with me? I mean we all have the same goal here, right? Get home! Whether it be a visit to back home where you're from to see your family, or to get where you currently live to see your family! 

I have a purpose for this post, I promise!

I'm usually quite guilty of rushing from one place to another, not paying attention to what's going on around me, wishing time away. Shit, I've been guilty of wishing time away since I was a teenager. Now I'm nearing 28 and I'm wishing for some of this time back! Time with friends I may not even be friends with anymore. People I'm still acquaintances with but never get to see. Time to just go back and open my damn eyes to things I see, hear, and experience now!

It sucks. The whole growing up thing. I mean it has it's moments along the way, believe me. The fun jobs. The vacations. The love. Oh man, the love. Whether it be a fling, a romance, or just love from your family. The love. It'll get you every time! At least it does me. 

So do me a favor you young twenty something's out there. Take one second from your day. One second is all it takes. Take one long deep breath and remember you're only given so much time. 86,400 seconds in a day to be exact. So are you wasting those seconds? Are you angry? Make the most of all the time you are given! Don't be almost 38 (yea, that's no type-o) and wishing you had more time. Don't be wasteful! Live it. Travel. People watch. Open your eyes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trip to End All Trips

Quote of My Day

Take a Ride with Me