Prince Charming Fell Off His Horse

When did things change so drastically in the dating world?

Why did they change?

What's the matter with men and women today?

We're dooming ourselves to living lives alone... 

I can't say that women aren't to blame for much of this issue, but I can assure you that with my experience in the dating world, men are overflowing the cup of blame. I've talked to a few single friends lately, male and female, as well as taken friends. What I have come to know on my own baffles me. What may be worse is that I'm not that girl with horrible dating luck like I thought. My friends have it just as bad if not worse at times!

I wear my heart on my sleeve. A major flaw, I understand, but I'm a hopeless romantic. I believe in love and I am that freak that loves love. I won't be saying it to just anyone but I think it's a beautiful thing that 2 people share. I can't be the only person out there with this personality type.

Rejection has sadly become something I'm used to. Being unnecessarily, rudely rejected is something I'm overly sick of seeing myself and other friends go through. Years ago, I never would have been the girl to stand up for herself. I would just allow guys to treat me like dirt. Recently, I had to tell a dude to "go play a different game with the next girl" after asking him to be completely honest with me and finding out he wasn't. 

Thank goodness for small town gossip and knowing too many people!

Strangely, one of my close friends went through the same thing with another man. What is the matter with you guys? Can't commit to just one woman? What in the world makes you think it's ok to string a girl along and keep her on the back burner? Are you too scared...of what?

One of my other friends feels like she'll never have a man unless she lives the "fit life" because guys are so stuck on themselves and their own looks these days. There's so much more to life than the gym you stupid beefcakes! Don't forget that you can judged just as quickly as you can judge us for stuffing our faces with pizza, wings, anything fried, and plenty of beer. I mean your mood swings... Really bro? You're either bipolar or juicing. We accept the way you live your life, now accept the way we live ours!

Here's some advice... Don't be a hypocrite guys. If you want to get upset cause she didn't text you, don't expect to get away with not texting her for days! If you want her to be honest, start fessing up the skeletons in your closet. If you don't like her, say so. If you don't feel like hanging out one night, don't just ignore her texts, tell her!

What happened to REAL men?

You know, the ones who know who they are and what they want out of their lives. The ones who respect women rather than just try to sleep with them and call it quits to move onto the next poor thing he finds. The man who will tell you every day that you're beautiful and that he wants to give you the world. The man who shows his pride in you being his other half. 

When did Prince Charming fall off of his horse? I am by no means man hating, but come on, something's got to give! If this is what dating will be like for my nephews and kids in the future, I feel sorry for them. There's nothing special about it anymore. 

Welcome to dating as a twenty something!

End rant...... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trip to End All Trips

Quote of My Day

Take a Ride with Me