Sometimes I... Part 7

I may not be that funny to you, but maybe my awkwardness and quirks amuse you in some way. I know that I can't help but laugh at myself every time I realize I did something new or again. So here goes part 7 of this journey we take together in learning about how insanely not normal I truly am!


Sometimes I... Am afraid of all the noises and creeks my house makes. Moving to a new home doesn't come without new adventures.... or fears. I'm 3 or 4 months in now and I am still not used to it all. So when I hear something I freeze in my tracks and get ready to grab the nearest object in my path that I think would possibly knock someone out if they were in my house!

Sometimes I... Eat sour candies. I'm not usually a Sour Patch Kids kinda gal, but every now and then I'll go ahead and grab something to change up my taste buds happiness and comfort for chocolate. Nevertheless, when I do grab something along the lines of some Sweet Tarts, I pop that little piece of sweetness in my mouth and suddenly my face changes up it's natural form. Suddenly I have a twitching eye and half of my face sinking down to my chin like my skin is melting off. My eyes water, my nose tingles, and I feel like death may be upon me. Quickly I'm reminded why I never buy these candies and they end up in the trash or given to a friend.

Sometimes I... Really wish I had the morning workout motivation. Or the motivation to work out at all. I know from a past life I once lived of being very active that you do in fact feel better when working out. You feel more energized... But for me it's just not happening. There's absolutely no motivation there to get up 2 hours earlier to get at least an hour workout in, shower, and go to work for the day. Hell, let alone a day I have to work both jobs! How do people get their shit together so well that they're like, "Yes, I wake up at 4am to workout, shower and go to work till 6pm. Throughout the day I eat flavorless foods and my poor pets sit at home by themselves."? How do y'all do it? For real! I'm against it until someone forces me and shows me it's possible! (Challenge accepted anyone?)

Sometimes I... Grind my teeth. I know, you might have just cringed at the thought. I can't help it. I've always done it and I think as I've gotten older it's worsened. I'm working on stopping myself when I realize I'm doing it because this habit is seriously a bad one and kinda painful if I do it for a while without catching it.

Sometimes I... Wonder if I found a man that didn't like Chipotle, if it'd be a deal breaker. I stood in line last week, ever so impatiently waiting my turn to put together my bowl of delicious goodness when the thought crossed my mind whether I could handle being with a man who didn't like Chipotle. You can go ahead and call me stupid or crazy for this one, but I mean it. I eat it about once a week. I need my guy to be just as excited for those chips and guac like I am!

Sometimes I... Wonder if I'm still just a toddler taking a nap and this whole life I've experienced has been one insanely long, tiring dream. Far fetched? Maybe not. For some unknown reason I remember being maybe 4 or 5, before my family ever moved out of the house we first lived in, and crying myself to sleep because my mom didn't take me somewhere with her. I watched her leave through my bedroom window, while it rained. I laid myself down crying and fell asleep. Y'all don't ask how I remember this. I've often thought, on my worst, most excruciating days, whether I'm still dreaming or not from that same day. Wouldn't it be so insane to wake up knowing all I do now to live the same life? How different the outcome could be!...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Trip to End All Trips

Quote of My Day

Take a Ride with Me